Toyota Front Off Road Bump Stops - 96-02 3rd Gen 4Runner, 96-04 1st Gen Tacoma - No Lift Required - DBF24R
Durobumps Premium Toyota 4Runner Front off road Bump Stops (1996-2002) 3rd Gen, Best Gen. No Lift Required. DBF24R
DuroBumps premium front bump stops are Proudly Made In The USA with dual durometer rubber. Providing smooth, progressive damping that greatly reduces hard bottom-outs. Allowing for greater control and comfort compared to OEM bump stops, which can feel rock-hard on contact. With DuroBumps, you’ll gain better off-road control and comfort and eliminate the “shell-shock” effect experienced when hitting larger bumps.
Upgrade your ride quality and shock absorption to the next level with DuroBumps! Whether you’re an off-road enthusiast or a daily driver. Our engineered bump stops can handle the toughest terrains and deliver exceptional performance. You can now say goodbye to the hard impacts caused by bottoming out shocks and suspensions, as our bump stops reduce or even eliminate them. Unlike other aftermarket alternatives, we offer the DBR24R bump stop with a unique 14° taper that ensures even contact upon engagement. Our DBF24R bump stops don’t limit your wheel-up travel compared to OEM bump stops while also increasing maintenance intervals by absorbing shock loads. Designed with a slightly taller profile, our bump stops compress under load to soften the impact just before reaching the ultimate stop. Upgrade today with DuroBumps and experience improved off-road control, performance, and comfort for your Toyota!
Order now and get the off-road performance you need with DuroBumps!
Double the Durobumps?
Are you looking to achieve even better performance for your Toyota? Well, you can actually install two sets of Durobumps on the front of your truck, giving you four in total! Let’s break it down: each lower control arm comes equipped with two OEM bump stops. Our DBF24R is the standard front set of bump stops meant to replace the OEM bump stop at the back of the Lower Control Arm. Usually, this leaves the front mounted OEM bump stop on the LCA in place. However, there is a way to replace this OEM front-mounted bump stop with a second set of Durobumps that will work in tandem with the rear-mounted DBF24Rs, providing significantly more compression load and four stages of increased progressive damping. If you’re interested in this modification, you can find the second set of Durobumps needed at DBF17T. Note: For off-road use only. Do not use spacers with any of Durobumps product line. By installing these aftermarket bump stops, the user assumes all risk and liability. DuroBumps are not designed for towing applications. For more information, visit https://durobumps.com/terms-of-use/. The seller will not be held liable for any damage or loss associated with the installation or use of this product for any reason.
Toyota 4Runner off road front bump stops Features and Benefits
- Improved handling – Dual durometer rubber allows DuroBumps to act as a secondary coil spring, with smooth engagement that progressively increases compression load in a predictable fashion.
- No loss of up-travel – Will not reduce suspension/wheel travel.
- Designed with 14° taper – When it comes to the Toyota 4Runner, the OEM bump stops are mounted to the lower control arm, which results in an issue where the bump stop fails to make square contact with the strike pad. Consequently, this causes shearing and damage to the bump stop. Fortunately, DuroBumps has designed their product with a 14° angle, specifically to address this shearing issue by ensuring even and square contact between the bump stop and the strike pad.
- Mounts in OEM location – DuroBumps quickly and easily bolt into the OEM mounting location, ensuring a proper fit with no modifications required.
- Increased Suspension Life – By absorbing shock load and preventing the suspension from bottoming out, DuroBumps greatly extend the service life of other suspension components.
- Small, compact, application specific – Designed to fit specific truck models. No “universal fit” or spacers are required.
- Silent engagement – Unlike Hydro bumps, DuroBumps are whisper quiet on contact.
- Solid mounting base – A Powder coated 3/16 inch steel base plate provides strong support and helps ensure solid mounting.
- Premium bump stops – Proudly Made In The USA from the highest quality raw materials.
- Provided mounting hardware – JIS 10.9 zinc-coated hex head metric bolts. With pre-applied thread locker are provided with every set of DuroBumps.
(2) Two front DuroBumps
(2) Two JIS 10.9 M10 1.25 mm x 35 mm flange bolts
(1) Single-use medium thread locker
(1) One FREE sticker
Instructions: Pre-soak OEM bump stop with penetrating oil to make removal easier. Pay careful attention to the threaded stud that mounts the bump stop to the frame and the threads of the stud that are exposed beyond the nut. Step 1: Following vehicle manufacturer recommendations, use a properly rated jack. Raise the front of the vehicle, and support the frame rails with jack stands. Remove front wheels from truck. Be sure to use jack stands! Step 2: Remove OEM bump stops with groove-lock pliers, pipe wrench, or similar. The bump stop is located on the rear of the lower control arm on the driver and passenger sides of the vehicle. Be careful not to break the threaded stud on the OEM bump stop during removal. Step 3: Use a scraper or wire brush and clean any mud/ debris from the frame. Step 4: Insert provided flange bolt into the new front DuroBumps and coat the threads with the provided single-use medium (blue) thread locker. Step 5: Install the DuroBumps at the rear of the lower control arm, using a 14mm deep socket. Tighten the bolt until snug (12 – 15 ft. lbs.) Do not over tighten. The OEM bump stop that is located at the front of the lower control arm will remain in place. Step 6: Reinstall wheels and lower vehicle back to the ground. Be sure to tighten lug nuts to vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations. Please note: DuroBumps are intended to be installed at the rear of the lower control arm only.
We Also Recommend
Durobumps Premium Rear Off Road 3-Inch extended Bump Stops for 90-96 Land Cruiser, 96-97 Lexus LX450 (5.25 inch Tall) 3-Inch Lift Required - DBRLC525
Durobumps Premium 2-Inch Extended Rear Bump Stops for 90-07 Land Cruiser, 96-07 Lexus LX, 01-07 Sequoia (4.25 inch Tall) 2 Inch Lift Required - DBRLC425
Durobumps Toyota Aftermarket Bump Stops for 90-07 Land Cruiser, 96-07 Lexus LX, 01-07 Sequoia (3.5 inch Tall) No Lift Required - DBRLC35
Durobumps 3-Inch Extended Rear Bump Stops for 03-23 4Runner, 07-14 FJ Cruiser, 03-09 GX470, 10-23 GX460 (5.25 inch Tall) 3 Inch Lift Required - DBR525LT